St Lucia is one of the smallest and laid-back Islands in the Caribbean, boasting stunning beaches with a warm light breeze. This is one of the favorite places for marriage ceremonies, along the un-spoilt beaches that are inline with the palm trees and bordered by clear warm calm seas. This place is gradually gaining popularity as a destination to experience great hotels in St Lucia Caribbean. Here are a few things that you need to take care of at the time of planning your trip to this island:
• At the time of booking your tickets make sure that you book tickets to and from Hewanorra International Airport.
• The island is four hours behind the Greenwich Time, thus be sure to correct your watch at the time of deplaning.
• You can also make a booking for renting a car in advance as that will help in saving a good amount of time and you can also do it online as well.
• If you want to exchange money, there are loads of banking outlets on St Lucia airport. Although, please bear in mind that banks are open only from Monday to Thursday and close at 14:00.
• American cash is acceptable at most of the places, but the island uses Caribbean dollar. Therefore, do check the exchange rates in advance as major debit and credit cards are being accepted as well.
• Customs guidelines are pretty straightforward. Duty free guidelines allow in slight amounts of cigarettes and tobacco, and around a liter of wines or spirits. Certainly, visitors are expected to bring duty free items along with them as souvenirs of their trip, and duty free shops are there on the airport.
• When it comes to entry requirements, all the visitors have to carry valid passports, save for US citizens, or travelers from most of the commonwealth countries. On the other hand, American visitors (plus those traveling to and from St Lucia through the United States) must present a valid passport at the time returning to that country.
• At the time of dining out there is a sales tax of 8% is applicable on the total price of the meal, along with that a service charge of 10%.
You need to take care of the fact that all these guidelines have to follow in order to make your trip hassle free and to enjoy your stay in the hotels in St Lucia Caribbean as well as the places you will be visiting.